Owl and Badger are two Christians applying critical thinking and Biblical principles to the big issues we are facing today.
The podcast episodes will appear on this page.
Episode 6 – COP 26
In this episode we discuss our response as Christians to the COP 26 summit that recently ended in Glasgow.
Including, but not limited to:
- Why is creation important?
- The danger of the new religion
- The Mission of the Church
- Why is the Gospel important
- Do as they say, but not as they do…
- William Philip – Irreverend: Faith and Current Affairs podcast
- Rethinking ‘Missional’: Reconciling the Mission of God and the Mission of the Church – Kevin DeYoung
- Neil Oliver
Episode 5 – To mask or not to mask
In this catch up episode we discuss some of the things that have caught our attention in the last few days, including the renewed issue of masks and the pressure facing the unvaccinated.
Episode 4 – Freedom
In our fourth episode we discuss the issue of freedom, why this matters, the biblical mandate for it and what we should do.
In this episode we discuss the subject of freedom and why this should matter to Christians.
Key areas we cover:
- Why freedom? Why don’t we seem to value it as we did in the past?
- What is the Biblical mandate for freedom? Is it good?
- Where is freedom under attack today?
- What about Romans 13?
- What should the church be doing?
Simon Ponsonby has written an excellent book on Romans.
- Mere Christianity – C.S. Lewis
- God is for us – 52 Readings from Romans – Simon Ponsonby
- Live not by Lies – Rod Dreher
Episode 3 – Child vaccinations
In this third episode we discuss the decision of the government to vaccinate 12-15 year old children.
Episode 2 – A State of Fear
In this second episode, we take a look at some of the excellent points raised by Laura Dodsworth in her recent book, ‘A State of Fear: How the UK government weaponised fear during the Covid-19 pandemic’.
Whilst the book has much to say about the way we have been manipulated these last 18 months, there is an amazing opportunity in refusing to bow to fear.
- A State of Fear – How the UK Government Weaponised Fear during the Covic-19 Pandemic – Laura Dodsworth
- HART Group (Health Advisory & Recovery Team)
Episode 1 – Misinformation FAQs
In this first pilot episode, Owl & Badger tackle some of the misleading vaccine FAQ answers found on the yourneighbour.org website.
The following FAQ answers are challenged in the podcast:
- The vaccine was developed too quickly – how can it be safe?
- Has anyone died from receiving the vaccine?
- Will we be able to go back to our normal life if I’m vaccinated?
- The vaccine doesn’t even stop Covid, why should I get it?
- I don’t trust this government…
- What about the vaccine passport? The government is making us all get the vaccine.
- Do vaccines contain foetal cells?
- Is this a big pharmaceutical companies’ strategy for increasing profit?